- MAKE THE DECISION TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND BODY IN 2019 – PART IIOver a lifetime of playing golf, I’ve been blessed to have gotten to know and worked with scores of thousands of amazing people; both amateurs and professionals; But THE most inspirational person and golfer is my hero, Gary Player. His example, On and Off the course, is truly inspirational. (And, I also enjoy the fact […]
- MAKE THE DECISION TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND BODY IN 2019 – PART IAfter having 2 knee surgeries and 2 major wrist surgeries in my 20’s, I became somewhat crippled (not to mention my golf game had gone into the tank). Eventually, I met a phenomenal Physical Trainer that emphatically told me that if I didn’t get my body back into anatomical function, I was only going to […]
- WHAT IS JOINT CENTRATION?THIS CAR HAS A DAMAGED WHEEL AND TIREWOULD ‘JUST ‘FIXING THE WHEEL GET THE CAR BACK ‘IN SHAPE’? Back in my early twenties, I had a professional golf career cut short due to TWO Knee surgeries and TWO MAJOR wrist surgeries; after which my golf swing was never quite the same. My story is not […]
MLonger Drives – Oblique Abdominals
- There Are Two Ages: YOUR CHRONOLOGICAL AGE & YOUR PHYSIOLOGICAL AGE“You don’t have to get old the way our society has brainwashed us into believing”, is what my late father Elmer Fredericks (shown below at around 90 years of age) used to always say.
- Does the Golf Swing Cause Injuries? Or, Do Your Injuries INJURE Your Golf Swing?One of the questions one hears a lot is that the Golf Swing Motion is bad for your back? And I can assure you that I’ve been asked that hundreds of times. The truth is that the human body is one of the most remarkable and durable ‘machines’ ever devised and it’s designed to undergo […]
- The Benefits of a Cold Shower – A Sure Way to Feel GreatAs I get further along on my life’s journey, it never ceases to amaze me how Mother Nature gives us SO MANY ingenious ways to heal ourselves and solve our problems. Let’s face it, in life – there are times you feel on top of the world, and times you feel under the weight of […]
- Functional StrengthEverybody wants to be strong, but the question is: What does “being strong” really mean? Without question, nearly everybody would agree that weightlifters are strong because they can lift a lot of weight.
- The Site of Pain is Seldom the Source of PainFor a LOT of years, I’ve been very involved in both the golf profession and also the world of physical training, and I’ve learned that most of the problems encountered in both of these activities, are seldom the genesis of the “actual” problems.
- Why Stretching A Muscle…Doesn’t Always Stretch The Muscle!“Hey Roger, I don’t get it? I’ve been stretching my hamstrings for years, and they‘re still tight. Even when I was a kid, I couldn’t touch my toes and I still can’t!” If I had $10 for every time I’ve heard that, or something similar, I’d be in a considerably higher tax bracket! The truth […]
MMoon over My Hammies
MProne Ball Cobras
MThe Air Bench